Monday, November 17, 2014

Early mornings thanks to Frogdog and other activities

Wow, have I really not written anything in almost a week? Time really flies sometimes. Last week was so busy! We had our last AWA meeting of the year at Rosie Thistle's Tea Room (link).  It's a lovely place with good tea, coffee, and lunch. You can sit at a table or snuggle up on cozy chairs or sofas.

Afterwards, I had to take the dogs to the park and get some wool for knitting. On Thursdays I go to the Stitchin' Chicks meeting. We meet at a different person's house each week to work on projects, have coffee/tea, and chat. I've been trying to learn how to knit. Knitting is HARD! In the amount of time that I cast on, knitted a row or two, unraveled it all, and then cast on the stitches again about 8 times, my friend Kate had crocheted a hat with a flower attached. Let me type it again, "Knitting is hard!" I'm not one to give up so quickly though. I'm going to practice until I get this.

Friday is Mahjongg. Frog woke me up at 4:30AM to poop. He's relentless. He refused to go back to sleep. I was exhausted at Mahjongg. Then, I had to do my shopping for sweets for the bake sale to raise money for the Archie Foundation, which provides funding that benefits sick children. Get dog food. Walk the dogs.

Saturday I had Kung Fu. Then, I cooked lunch. I needed a nap afterwards. Because I didn't get up with enough time to hydrate before Kung Fu, I think I had a dehydration headache. After a nap I spent the rest of the night baking. I hate baking. It's messy and so easy to screw up. Also, whatever you make is going to rot your teeth, make you gain weight, and for me, give me the shakes from all the sugar.

I got up at 6:40 AM, although Frog woke me up at 5:15 AM to poop (ugh), on Sunday to finish my truffles and be at the hotel where we had our AWA Craft Fair to set up the Sweet Shoppe at 8:00AM. I worked for 3 hours, did a little shopping, went to the grocery store, and then went home to relax! But not really. I made lunch, and then Steve and I took the dogs to the park to play. Angel was rolling in the mud and leaves! That night we went to a friend's house to have pizza and watch American football. We had a great time!

After a busy day that included lots of running in the park for the dogs, I was not expecting Frog to wake me up early again (6:15AM) so he could potty. It's like he's reverting back to a puppy. He cannot hold it anymore in the morning. He wakes me up super early almost every day. I've tried ignoring him, but that proved to be more of an inconvenience because he couldn't make it out of the house before taking a poop in the floor. Great.

Any ideas? Have any of you had this issue with your dogs? He is 6 years old. He used to always wait until I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!