Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Want to see some stunning views? Walk from Stonehaven to Dunnottar Castle.

First, I've got to say that since I've been incapacitated and on the couch, I've been watching this show on MTV called Catfish. For those of you who don't know, it's a show where two guys investigate online relationships when one of the partners is suspicious that the other is lying (maybe pretending to be somebody else). Man! You guys need to be careful with online relationships. People will steal entire profiles. I've seen, on this show, people have their cousins get in an online relationship with their best friend while pretending to be somebody else by using some model's pictures. I've seen women and men use other people's pictures and just refuse to FaceTime or Skype because they didn't like the way they looked. And some of these went on for YEARS. Did you know that you can drag your photos from Facebook or your social network of choice into the Google search field, and it will bring up all webpages where your photo is located? Pretty neat trick. Any way, I've been sidetracked by shock and awe.

Let's get to the lovely stuff. The walk to Dunnottar Castle from Stonehaven is so nice. It's steep in a few places so I wouldn't go when it's wet. It's only a 1.5 mile walk one way (3 miles total). First though, let's get serious. We had to stop at The Bay for some Fish and Chips.

See the haar (sea fog) moving on to land?



After lunch, I drove to the harbour and parked on the carpark past the Tolbooth Museum. It's free to park there. Then, we walked along the harbour past the pubs and hotels along the water and turned right on Marischal Street. As you walk along, you should come to a sign pointing the way.

Getting a little steep!


I love the views of the harbour!

The haar is taking over.

This is the war memorial on top of the hill.








TaDa!
I didn't take pictures inside of the castle because I have plenty of posts about that! So here is the walk back to town.



This is a really nice walk. It's not very difficult. It just has one or two steep climbs but if you take it slow, I feel like anybody can do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!