Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Ball (Formal Event) in Scotland

We had such a great time at the ball this weekend! Getting dressed up is always so fun! My friend Julia came over to help with my hair. She did a great job! We watched YouTube videos for tutorials. :)  Steve picked up his kilt, and as I was looking at it, I noticed that they gave him the wrong one. Sad. Luckily the one he wanted was mostly grey and white, like the one they ended up giving him, or pieces would not have blended in very easily. HAHA.

The ball was at the Marcliffe Hotel and Spa. When we walked into the room, we were given cocktails and then seated. The food was delicious! They had a great live band too. My only complaint is that I didn't feel like the band suited "ball" purposes. They would have been great to go see on stage, but they played the same tempo almost all night. Most of it was jump-around sort of music and fast-paced dancing. No slow songs. Nothing with which you could line dance or do any sort of group dance. No two-step. No Célidh music. Again, they were really good! I just didn't feel like they were playing to their audience/event. Hardly anyone was dancing. It was still fun.

It was a Mardi Gras theme.


Rodrigo and Vivian



Aren't they handsome in their kilts? :)



 They gave us lots to play with. Masks, blow guns that shot paper balls, balloons, and beads!




 There was some dancing...

 And when we weren't dancing, we amused ourselves by acting like children! Which, I believe, all adults must do sometimes.




All of our leftover drink tickets.
 On the way home, my feet were hurting so bad in my high heels. I finally decided that walking barefoot on the street was the lesser of the evils. I still had an ugly blister on one of my feet. Beauty is pain folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!