Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Buying a Christmas Tree in Aberdeen and a Doctor Who Birthday Gift

Tonight I bought our Christmas tree. I decided to go with an artificial tree without lights. Last year we bought a cheap pre-lit tree from Argos, and it died in 3 weeks. It also made me think that if I buy a pre-lit tree and move to different countries, I cannot take it with me. Therefore, I decided to spend the money on a nice artificial tree that could travel with me. I looked at several different stores: Sainsburys, Argos, B&Q, and Dobbies Garden Centre. After looking at trees and prices, I decided to get one at Dobbies. I really like that store. I got a "Frosted Pine" and really like it. It needs a little more time to fluff up, and of course we need to decorate it.
The picture isn't the greatest because the flash reflects on all the little metal bits, so I can assure you that it looks fluffier and fuller than it seems in this picture with no metal bits visible. Still cute though, isn't it? I need to find an angel to put on top.

I also ordered my birthday present today. Steve always asks what I want, so I just ordered it myself this year. :o)  It's a Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Edition Dalek! Cool! Oh, and it talks.
Photo from: Amazon.co.uk
Anyway, I better get to bed. I've got a sick husband to take care of. He's been running a fever at about 101-102 ℉. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He's really not feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!