Friday, July 26, 2013

Countesswells Forest Walk

I had to get out of the house. I also needed to take the dogs walking. My problem though, is that Frog's nails are peeling from scraping the granite and concrete. I thought about leaving him at home this time, but as I stared at his cute little face, I couldn't do it. Instead, I loaded them both into the car and took them to Countesswells (use post code AB15 8QD to get there with your NAV). I've never been out there before today. I've been to Foggieton which is in the same area, but I haven't been on this particular part of the walk. I thought an hour would be plenty of time for Frog so I just paid the £1 for that amount of time. It's £1.50 for 3 hours. Glad I only paid for the hour. Frog was dragging his feet for the last 25 minutes. Angel and I kept having to stop to wait on him. Poor dog. He was determined to walk at the pace of a turtle...literally. Anyway, the walk was nice and easy. We did the shorter (yellow) path and just walked it twice. I love the walks here. Even in the simplest places, I find that nature presents itself in a beautiful way. Maybe it's the way the sun rays pierce through the trees, or the way the insects flutter through the rays like glitter falling in a globe. Maybe it's that chill you get as you dip into a low area or the way your ears are alert to every sound echoing off the trees. Whatever it is, being surrounded by nature is so energizing and uplifting.


Frog running to catch up


This time the dogs got way ahead of me!

I know what you are thinking... and yes, they are that cute in person... also, yes I was holding a treat hostage
And at the end of the day, movie night and snuggle bugs are a great way to relax! Enjoy your weekend and remember to smile! If you can't remember, just look at that picture above. :o)

3 comments:

  1. I love Countesswells! How cool is it that we have these forest walks all around us? Hands down my favorite thing about Aberdeen. Have you checked out the forest around Hazlehead? Free parking and several different trails to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't been to Hazlehead yet. I'll have to check that out next week!

      Delete

I am happy to hear from you!