Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What does a housewife do?

"Back to life, back to reality,
Back to the here and now yeah"
- Soul II Soul-


Now that we are back from our trip, we are back to business as usual. I know a lot of people out there must ask, "What do housewives do all day?" Well, here it goes (I thought this would be an opportunity to take fun pictures too!): I won't go through every single detail such as what I eat for breakfast and where I sit while I'm having my tea or coffee.  Every day I cook dinner, may run to the market, wash dishes, clean the kitchen, make the bed, and constantly mop the kitchen floor as dogs with muddy feet run in and out. haha. :o)

Monday: 
My grandma told me that I'm like my great grandma. I have a day for everything. Do other people do that? Mondays are bathroom and bed sheets day. I scrub 3 toilets, 2 showers (including tiles and glass and removing drain covers to clean out), 3 sinks, and walls around them that are tiled. 



I can totally make it all fit...
Tuesday:
Floors. I vacuum and/or mop all of the floors in the house. This takes forever, especially with stairs. The rugs take a long time too, especially the one that the dogs lay on all the time. I usually go to the grocery store on Tuesdays also, and take recycling out to curb every other Tuesday. Tuesday night we have Kung Fu.



Wednesday:
Dust the furniture, blinds, doors, and baseboards. Get in some XBox time (you knew that was coming eventually). Laundry all day. Cook something a little more difficult because I have the time to prepare.

Thursday:
Go to Bible Study. Pick up around the house. Mop floors again (They are always muddy within a couple of days from the dogs and from Steve bringing his bicycle in the house.). Empty trashcans around house and compost bin. Kung Fu in the evening.

Friday:
Mahjong with the AWA ladies. Long walk in the dog park. Pick up around house. Cook another fun meal since I have the time. Maybe meet up with people for happy hour when Steve gets off work, or rent a movie to relax at home. :) Can't stay up too late because we have Kung Fu on Saturday morning. Clean up the garden (yard) because well.. we have dogs. I do this on the Fridays before trash day on Monday.

So there you have it. That's my basic schedule in a nutshell. Of course it varies often with paying bills, booking stuff for Steve and I, picking up things Steve needs, taking care of whatever is broken or has stopped working around the house, ironing Steve's work clothes, etc,...I also take the dogs walking every afternoon for 45 minutes to an hour in the park. I really enjoy it now that they are behaving better. We even met another French Bulldog a couple of days ago named Loki. They were so cute playing together. Even the dogs seem to love the park. Seriously, look how smug Angel looks in this picture:

When it gets close to the time we normally go, the dogs start acting all crazy and clingy! Oh! Another thing I'm enjoying at the park is the flowers. I looked them up, and they are some sort of Crocus. They need a cold winter and snow to reproduce, so don't even think about digging them up during your visit Grandma.


When I'm not cleaning or at the park, I find time to meet with friends for lunch or coffee. We went to a place recently called Wagamama. It was so great. I love ramen, and they have an entire menu of ramen dishes!! Also, I got this super yummy and pretty jasmine flower tea. It blooms in your cup!

I had some time today to learn more about baking. We all know that I'm terrible at it. I went to a friend's house to learn to make macarons. Mimosas and baking with good company equals a pretty good time. It doesn't hurt that the macaroons were pretty darn good. I got to take a couple home for Steve, and he really liked them as well.

I guess I can close by writing, I love my job. Sure, I went to school for years and got an M.Sc., and at first I was a little resistant about this new role because it wasn't the exact plan I had developed when going to college. However, God has His reasons for everything. I get to spend my time taking care of my home, my dogs (who were always left alone for 10-12 hours a day when we were both working. I only had time maybe once or twice a week to walk them due to the long commute in Houston), taking better care of myself, and taking care of somebody I love very much, Steve. He came home yesterday, opened a beer, and gave me a hug as I was cooking. He kissed me and said, "This is all I need right here. You and this (the beer.. hehe)." It was really cute. It was his way of saying that he's happy. That made my day.

"Little stuff
Big stuff
In between stuff
God sees it all the same

While I may not know you
I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes, does it matter at all?

Well let me remind you, it all matters just as long
As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you,
Cause he made you
To do
Every little thing that you do
To bring a smile to His face
Tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And everything you do"

-Steven Curtis Chapmen, Do Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!