Friday, February 22, 2013

Angry Boilers, French Bulldogs, and Dog Food Brands in Scotland

“As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes -
 





It was really cold this morning. Our boiler lost water pressure again... which = NO HEAT. Freakin-A. I put a blanket by the radiator for the dogs to cuddle, and then I stared at that coffee pot. I enjoy using it and the coffee it makes, but it does take some time, and I was cold.

"This is taking forever," I thought as I stood like a zombie staring at something it can't comprehend.

Speaking of zombies, we saw that movie Warm Bodies. Not bad. Not great. Worth renting. Yep.

Anyway, I took the dogs walking yesterday with a new friend I met who also has a French Bulldog. His name is Eddie. They were all so fun to watch. I took a couple of videos. It was hard to get good video because we were walking and having to keep up with all three of them. You'll get the idea anyway. :)




I think my dogs have received more attention and more walks since we moved here. It's been great for them. One thing we did struggle with when we moved here was finding good dog food. Let me first tell you what wasn't good for my Frogdogs. Frogdogs have special diet needs, so what works for them or doesn't, may not be the same for your dog.

The following list contains brands that caused them to lose weight and/or have terrible gas:

  • Butcher's
  • Iams
  • Harringtons

 I have finally found a brand that is giving that shine back to their coats, no gas, and seems to be helping Frog gain some more weight.




Two thumbs up for Burns. I think we'll stick to this. In the States we fed our dogs Natural Choice, and Burns seems just as good, if not better. I highly recommend it. I found treats that work well for them too. You know, you want stuff without a lot of by-products, and Frenchies don't function well eating lots of dairy and wheat.

Love this brand. They love it too. I break them up into smaller pieces to make them last longer.


Just for fun:





I always find it interesting to compare differences in how the UK and the US name things. In the US, it would be labeled "Black-Eyed Peas" also different... with capital letters instead of lower-case. In case you are wondering, they are actually beans, not peas. All these years...we've been lied to by US grocery stores. ;)

I got this from the Library of Congress website (http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/blackeyedpeas.html).
 













1 comment:

  1. We should give our doggies high quality brand foods to keep them fit and healthy. These foods are really refined for dogs’ fitness.

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!