Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"When it rains, I clean".. and.. What's a Nectar Card?

For after all the best thing one can do when it is raining, is to let it rain.
      - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow - 


My grandma says that her favorite days to clean are the days that it rains. Why get out and fight it? I guess in Aberdeen that would be a lot of cleaning, but I can say that good days to clean are when it's pouring rain or when it's icy.


 I have been cleaning much more than I usually did in Houston. There is no A/C to filter the air here, so dust really builds up in your house. We are going to invest in some good air purifiers for both up- and downstairs. I'm constantly sneezing. I got an upper respiratory infection. My nose drips like a leaking faucet when I dust or vacuum, which I do 1-2 times a week! I think I have more mucus than oxygen circulating in my bloodstream. At least it feels that way, so I finally switched from the nose-destroying toilet paper and bought some tissues. Want to see something funny?

Hehe. That's all I have to say about that.... almost. It would be really funny if they made "mansize" toilet paper. Do you think people would be embarrassed to buy it? (Insert mischievous chuckle)

I've talked a lot about grocery shopping on this blog. One thing I may not have mentioned is that you should get a Nectar card. You can use it at various locations to gain points on purchases, which then gives you coupons and discounts. More info here. It's free to get one. You can also use it to get points when you bring your own shopping bags.

Moving on. Tonight I went to a book club meeting. We read the book "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes. If you don't mind a good cry, this is your book. Anyway, the book club meeting was great. We had good food, good wine, and good company. The discussion was very interesting. I enjoyed it.

And cut.

1 comment:

  1. I read these in your voice. You write just like you speak :)

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!