Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"That ain't snow... That's angel hair."

Tonight I'll close with a quote instead of beginning with one.

Today I sat around and waited on my new air purifier. We got two: one for upstairs and one for downstairs because my allergies have been so bad. I'll give it about a week and report on their effectiveness. It has been snowing quite a lot today. I really like to watch it, and Angel enjoys playing in it.

This is what it looked like when Steve left for work. I told him that it looked like it was about to dump loads of snow. It did.



"But.. I'm not ready to come inside..."

Even in the city, a small backyard looks beautiful when it's blanketed in snow.
Frog isn't a big fan of cold or wet which equals.. snow. He likes to hang out by the radiator, and Angel snuggles up to him when she is finished playing outside.





One item which I have learned is very useful to own in Aberdeen is a good pair of rubber boots. They are very handy in rain or snow for all of those times when you have to empty the rubbish bin, empty the compost bin, empty the recycling bin, or figure out what the heck your dog is doing that is keeping her from coming inside after you've called her name 20 times and are worrying that you are annoying the neighbor. Rain or snow, which here occurs mostly one or the other, these will be your new trusty city steed.

These stay at the back door. :o)

 I love this:


"That ain't snow, Mike. That's angel hair. We done died and gone to heaven."
(Charles Beaumont (1930-1967), U.S. screenwriter, and Edward Bernds. Lt. Turner (Patrick Waltz), Queen of Outer Space, looking at the landscape from their crash site (1958). From a story by Ben Hecht (1893-1964); real name Charles Nutt.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!