Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weather in Aberdeen and a bit about doorknobs and dryers


“A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;...”
William Shakespeare; Romeo and Juliet
The end of life's journey was honored for two wonderful people today. I'd just like to have a space here that acknowledges the sadness their family and friends feel for their loss, and how I feel for them all.  And just like the weather, these feelings will not last forever. The sun will rise again, and your joy will come with it.




Today started beautifully. I walked to the AWA New Members' coffee break. It was a nice walk on the way and nice company there.


Notice the date on the building. :o)



We tried to go to lunch at Prego, but it was packed. You need to make reservations for small places, even for lunch. FYI. We went to Dizzy's instead. It wasn't too bad. Not my favorite... like pub grub, but not too bad.

The day turned dark quickly as you can see in the first picture posted. The clouds rolled in fast! The rain came, and tonight it's supposed to freeze. 
The stuff they put on the streets when it's icy is a mixture of salt and sand. They call it "grit" as I've been told.


Just for Fun:

I'd like to post a picture of the doors inside of my house. As I've mentioned, every room is closed off by a door. I personally like this because it helps to regulate the temperature in the rooms, which have individual radiators, AND it allows me to control where my dogs may roam. I started thinking about people with kids though. Works the same way I bet while they are small. Except in my house, I find it odd that kids would not be able to get into the bathroom, but could easily reach the knob that goes outside. Seems backwards to me.

That Santa decoration is hanging from the very low doorknob on the door that goes outside. All of the others are chest-high on me. I am 5'4". haha

I thought it might be interesting for those of you how haven't seen one, to see how these condenser dryers work. I took a picture of me pulling out the container of water that you have to empty after each load. You know you were wondering... Don't worry. I'm here the next couple of years for all your small town entertainment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!