Sunday, November 18, 2012

Local vendors for jewelry, natural dog treats, and bags followed by a request for recipes!

Sundays are nice. I had a quiet breakfast of porridge while reading my Bible. I haven't looked into churches yet but plan to get to that soon. After reading, I got my coffee and went for some fun in front of the tele. Remember that show Supermarket Sweep? Man, I forgot how entertaining it is! Steve and I watched 2-3 episodes! It's so funny.

Angel was in a haze today. She wasn't really playing much this morning, and as she sat on the floor her eyelids were drooping. I think she was also cold. Here she is snuggled up to the radiator and falling asleep.

Going...

Going..

And down... sleepy puppy
I took her for her first market outing today. We walked a few blocks to the Co-operative. I tied her outside by the door where I could see her to run in for one item. I wouldn't have done it if I had more than that because even though I've seen people here do that all the time with pets, it still makes me nervous. I wouldn't want anything to happen to her, which is why I took her knowing that I only needed one thing. I think it's good for her to become familiar with all the sounds and people, even when I'm not right beside her. She has some anxiety, and I want her to become more confident. She did well.

Craft Fairs in Aberdeen

*Disclaimer: I am not an employee of or compensated by the following companies to endorse their products. I am only giving my opinion about the products I personally chose to buy at the craft fair. There were many other great vendors that I either didn't get to, were too crowded to see anything (I'm impatient), or I had just run out of cash by the time I got to their table! :o)

I've been told that many craft fairs in Aberdeen are very small. If you want to go to an AWESOME one where the term "craft" does not mean your typical giant handmade hair bows, Popsicle stick Christmas ornaments,  wicker baskets, and quilts...go to the Association of American Women in Aberdeen, the AWA's craft fair held annually. Now, before you feel a little heartbroken because you like bows, popsicle reindeer, wicker baskets, and warm quilts, these are offered as well at the craft fair. I happen to like them all... okay, maybe not the big bows, at least not since 1st grade. The craft fair has amazing jewelry of all kinds: sterling silver, bling-bling, precious stones and minerals, etc,... I got some earrings made with opal. They were a bit pricey, as boutique earrings are, but earrings are one of the few things I really like to wear and to have as good quality. These were £19.50.
I really like her jewelry. She leaves many of the stones in their natural, rough looking shapes. She uses both polished and unpolished stones. She doesn't have a store, but you can contact her to see what she has.
Another vendor who caught my eye was the WowDog Bakery. Normally, I would not spend the money on hand-baked dog treats. However, based on my last experience looking for dog treats, I decided to give it a go. Also, French Bulldogs have sensitive stomachs and thus, tend to do better with wheat free products (ex: no gas, healthier coat, etc,...). You can expect the following from their products (as noted on their website and information card):
  • Wheat free
  • No artificial colours or preservatives
  • No animal by-products
  • Lactose-free
  • Local ingredients where possible
  • Free-range eggs
  • Sustainable packaging
My dogs gobbled them up!

FYI: That treat has been broken a few times to feed to my dogs!

The last thing I got, I just happened to see as we were leaving. Bags! Now, I have a great Coach purse that I love, but sometimes when you are wearing a coat and walking the dogs, a shoulder bag just doesn't work. I saw a very small shoulder purse and bought it for £5 from earth squared! It's very nice material, very cute, and fair trade! My pictures probably don't help to support how great it actually looks, but I'm no photographer. Front and back pictures:






 More on Scottish brand foods:

We made tacos today with an Old El Paso box dinner set. I added onions, jalapenos, garlic, and red chili flakes. It was still pretty bland. The salsa tasted like ketchup. hehe. Does anybody have a taco seasoning or salsa recipe they'd like to share? I would love you forever. :o)

1 comment:

I am happy to hear from you!