Friday, October 26, 2012

Prepping the dogs and what to do with laundry machines

So things are moving right along. I bought the dogs some coats. I know they don't really like stuff like that, but I remember how Frog used to shiver in the cold when we lived in Minnesota. A coat helped in then, so it will probably be good for Scotland. I got the kind that Velcro underneath so it's not as constricting as the kind that have sleeves.

Aren't they cute? They are waiting for a treat. :o)

 I also got their crates for their trip. They have to be big enough for them to stand and turn around. They have to be able to see out of the door without ducking. They have to have vents on all 4 sides, and the two halves must bolt together, not snap.






Still no word on our visas, other than they've been sent out of Austin. The moving company is coming tomorrow to take a preliminary inventory of what they will need to move us. I'm trying to decide if we should put our washer and dryer in storage. Does anybody know how well they will keep in climate controlled storage and for how long? Is it best to just sell them?

4 comments:

  1. If you're selling, we may be buying. If not, I have no clue about storage :) Altough I don't see why they wouldn't be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the pups look adorable in their coats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have other stuff you are storing while you are in Scotland? If it's just the washer and dryer, wouldn't it be kind of a pain to pay the fee the whole time?
    Alan and I think they should store just fine. Nothing perishable there. Maybe leave the doors open so things can stay dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we are storing lots of stuff. We aren't bring heirlooms, photo albums, some of our dishes, and inherited, old, furniture.

      Delete

I am happy to hear from you!