Sunday, October 21, 2012

Preparing to move and when it may happen

So my car is gone. It was a bit sad watching somebody else drive it away. I liked my car. Steve and I ate lunch at Pappadeaux's Seafood. I had crawfish bisque and a salad. It was yummy! We went to Houston Premium Outlets afterward. We were advised to buy what we could here in the US because everything is more expensive in the UK. We bought some nice rain coats at the Columbia store.
Mine is like this one but with a lime green coat inside.
 We also bought some pants, sweaters, and scarves. We still need some other things, but I can get that done this week. I plan to go to Cosco to stock up on things like Rotel, fire roasted tomatoes, taco seasoning, spices, my favorite Amy's mac and cheese, and of course... White Cheddar Bunnies. mmmmmm.

Our visa stuff has been submitted. They are saying we may have them by next week or the week after. Looks like we may be heading to Scotland around the 9th or 10th of November if that happens. I hope we get Steve's car sold soon! If you decide to sell your car, I recommend posting it around work and on Facebook. Also, try Autotrader, but don't pay for more than 3 weeks. You can put it in the local newspaper if you get really desperate, but it's expensive! What else do we need to do? Hmm. We need to look into getting a slingbox and a multi-region DVD player (or see if we can unlock the region code on our DVD player). We need to get bicycles! We need to buy the specified crates for the dogs' travel. I need to get a rental car since I no longer have a car. Whew. It will get done. One day at a time. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!